Navigate this career
What does Operations Manager a do?
Common Tasks and Duties of a Operations Manager
What skills do I need to become a Operations Manager?
What are the types of organisations a Operations Manager can work in?
How much does a Operations Manager earn?
The Fastest Path to a Management Role.
Operations managers are the backbone of any company. They have strong management and leadership skills, making them pivotal in overseeing operations processes throughout a business or department. Their main objective is to maximise efficiency and productivity whilst ensuring that quality standards are met.
What does a Do?
An operations manager is responsible for overseeing all the operations of a company. This involves planning and organising processes of different departments across the company to optimise efficiency. A good operations manager has a positive impact on staff retention and motivation.
Operations managers need to be knowledgeable in various areas, including production processes, quality control, inventory management, logistics, and customer service. They also need excellent problem-solving skills to identify issues and implement solutions quickly. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential to managing and motivating teams effectively.
Common Tasks and Duties of a :
- Make important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
- Consulting with staff and the management team to maintain organisation and effective team communication
- Develop strong relationships with employees and managers alike to foster motivation and teamwork.
- Business administration tasks such as handling organizational processes and managing inventory and collection of data; especially where the production of goods is involved.
- Work closely with the accounting department to oversee budget spending and revenue growth.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Optimising business functionality by making process improvements and managing quality assurance programs.
What skills do I need to become a ?
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in management, operations, or leadership
- Relevant work experience in management, operations, and leadership
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities
- Training in financial data management
- Good planning, project management, organisation and time management skills
What are the types of organisations a Works At?
Operations Managers oversee the operations of a company from many industries, including but not limited to:
- Government Agencies
- Non-Profit Organisations
How much do Earn?
AVERAGE EDUCATION LEVEL
Projected Job Growth in 5 Years:
JOB SATSIFACTION LEVEL
How to become a ?
Generally, you require a nationally recognised qualification to be employed as an operations manager in Australia. Common qualifications include:
- Diploma of Business (Operations)
- University Pathways
What our trainer has to say
“Operations managers play a vital role in medium to large-sized businesses. Not only do they help ensure that day-to-day operations run smoothly, but they also help keep the business organized and running efficiently. Without operations managers, many businesses would likely face some serious struggles.”