New Zealand Citizen Eligibility Criteria for VET Student Loans
To be eligible for VET Student Loans as a New Zealand citizen with permanent residency in Australia, you must meet ALL the below criteria;
• Hold a New Zealand Special Category visa (subclass 444);
• Have been usually resident in Australia for at least 10 years;
• Have been a dependent child when you were first usually resident in Australia;
• Have been in Australia for periods totalling 8 years during the previous 10 years; and
• Have been in Australia for periods totalling 18 months during the previous 2 years.