Mandatory WA Government COVID-19 vaccination policy – what it means for TrainSmart Australia (RTO 51771) students
Based on the latest health advice, a mandatory vaccination policy for specified occupations and workforces within WA is being introduced by the State Government.
The policy will apply to workers in high-risk industries, those interacting with people at an increased risk of being infected with COVID-19, or people who are vulnerable to the impacts of COVID-19, or other critical workers.
More information on the policy and industries affected can be found on the WA Government website.
How will this affect my TSA Studies?
If your course includes an industry work placement in Group 1 or Group 2 industry work sites, you will need to be vaccinated according to the Group 1 or Group 2 dates to start the work placement, or you may not be able to successfully complete the course.
Check the relevant course Web page for the specific requirements of your course.
The WA Government Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy now applies to occupations in many industries. Consider the essential job requirements of entering your chosen industry. This may include mandatory vaccinations, medical screening, national police clearance, working with children check, drug and alcohol testing.
Please continue to:
- Use the SafeWA app to check-in on campus
- Practise good personal hygiene – wash your hands often with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
The TSA Campus is thoroughly cleaned and sanitised on a regular basis, with particular attention to high contact surfaces, including laptop equipment. Hand sanitiser is available for your convenience on both levels 9 & 12 of the CBD Campus, located at 251 Adelaide Terrace.
We encourage you to keep up to date with the latest information and health advice by visiting the WA Government website.
If you require any assistance, please email our Student Services team: [email protected].
Further information and assistance
- The Western Australian Government website – WA.gov.au
- The Australian Government Department of Health website has up-to-date healthcare and medical information.
- The Health Direct website has frequently asked questions, and a symptom checker.
- For details regarding travel restrictions and international travel, visit the Home Affairs website. There is also information available on the Smart Traveller website.
- COVID Clinics are now open — visit the HealthyWA website for details.
- For free advice and assistance, call the Australian Government’s Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.