Massage Therapists are trained professionals, with expert knowledge of modern massage techniques, pressure points, and aromatherapy. All of which help in providing various health and wellness benefits to clients through massage treatments.
- Remedial Massage Therapist
- Sports Massage Therapist
- Day Spa Therapist
- Home/Mobile Massage Business
Get Equipped to Provide Medical Rebates
As a qualified Remedial Massage Therapist, you’re eligible to apply with a health fund provider to give your clients access to medical fund rebates from your services. The first step to qualify for this service is to become a member of a Recognised Association like the Association of Massage Therapist AMT.
TrainSmart Australia is proudly partnered with AMT to provide graduates with a pathway to meeting the key requirements of becoming a provider.
Keys steps to becoming a Medical Rebates Provider:
- Joining a recognised association and gaining membership
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Current and adequate Certificate of Insurance
- A recognised qualification (HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage)
- A commitment to a certain number of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) points annually
Free Career Advice with TrainSmart Australia
Chat with our Career Advisory team to find out more about our courses, career pathways, RPL and more.
Become a Massage Therapist
Remedial massage is a growing field leading the way in treating pain and discomfort. We will give you skills and competencies in several key disciplines to start or grow your career in massage therapy.
Our expert-designed curriculum has been formed to demonstrate the latest techniques in the remedial industry and engage and inspire in the most comprehensive way possible.
With exceptional facilities overlooking the Swan River, top-quality trainer support, and flexible payment options, including government subsidies, TrainSmart Australia is the place to launch a successful career in the remedial massage industry.
Meet the team
Here at TrainSmart Australia, we have only the best trainers in the industry. We vet our trainers through many different standards to make sure that they are the best pick for our team.
Our trainers all have industry experience and tenure in their chosen field.
The Industry at a Glance
Nowadays everyone is talking about remedial massage therapy. With the industry booming and demand for remedial massage therapists growing, there’s been no better time than now to embark on this exciting career pathway.
According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, this industry is expected to grow very strongly over the next 5 years with approximately 3,000 Australians eager to start working as qualified therapists by 2025.
Satisfied with Training
Percentage of graduates of this course who were satisfied with the training.
Improved Work Status
Percentage of graduates of this course who started/expanded a business or who have a new job, more highly skilled work, a promotion or higher pay.
The middle of the range of salaries earned by graduates of this course starting their first ever full-time job after graduating.
Graduates of this course are most often employed as:
Graduates of this course are most often employed in:
All statistics are supplied by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research. Based on national surveys.
What is the purpose of massage therapy?
Massage Therapy is a health practice that provides people relief from muscular pain and damage and enhances general wellbeing. Massage can be used to treat health conditions and to relax the mind and body.
Massage Therapists are trained professionals with expert knowledge of modern massage techniques, pressure points, and aromatherapy, which all help provide massage treatment to clients.
Is massage therapy a good career?
A career in massage can certainly be a very rewarding one. Whether it’s helping someone recover from physical injury and pain or helping someone emotionally destress and relax, massage therapy has many benefits. It is also a highly flexible career in which it is common to work both full time and part-time hours for a business/organisation.
You can even use your Diploma qualification to work for yourself as a freelancer, or you could open your own practice.
What does it take to start a career in massage therapy?
There is no single profile when it comes to the type of people who work in the massage industry. All remedial massage therapists come from various backgrounds and levels of experience. What they share are some of these personal traits:
- Problem Solving Skills: Know how to approach challenges as they appear and provide action
- Communication Skills: Able to listen and respond clearly
- Empathy: Understanding the needs of the client
- Good with their hands: Able to control the strength and grip of their hands
- Interest in Anatomy: An interest in learning more about the human body
What skills can you gain by studying massage therapy?
Studying remedial massage can help in developing the following skills needed to become a professional massage practitioner:
- Communication Skills – consult with clients to help understand expectations and reasons for treatment
- Knowledge of Human anatomy and physiology
- Master various specialised techniques in customised remedial massage
- Understand pressure points and reflexology relaxation therapies
- Compliance Skills – Knowledge of current OH&S and COVID Safe practices
- Use of various massage equipment and tools, including massage tables, oils, lotions, and creams
- Small business planning and marketing practices